Arboricultural Method Statement (AMS)
The Arboricultural Method Statement (AMS) is a methodology for dealing with the implementation of any aspect of development that has the potential to result in the loss of, or damage to, trees.
It should be appropriate to the proposals and might typically address some or all of the following:
- Removal of existing structures and hard surfacing;
- Installation of temporary ground protection;
- Excavations and the requirement for specialized trenchless techniques;
- Installation of new hard surfacing - materials, design constraints and implications for levels;
- Specialist foundations - installation techniques and effect on finished floor levels and overall height;
- Retaining structures to facilitate changes in ground levels;
- Preparatory works for new landscaping;
- Auditable/audited system of arboricultural site monitoring, including a schedule of specific site events requiring input or supervision.
The AMS should also include a list of contact details for the relevant parties.