Looking After Trees
Includes advice and information regarding how, when and where to prune trees and how, when and where not to prune trees, and explains tree work terms in plain English.
- Natural Target Pruning - How and Where to Remove a BranchNatural target pruning makes use of the branch collar to identify the proper location to remove a branch.
- Pruning Mature TreesIt is widely recognised that trees, including shrubs and hedges, need to be maintained to achieve a satisfactory juxtaposition between the natural and the built environment.
- Tree Work Terms ExplainedTree work terms explained in plain English.
- Why Topping Trees is a Bad IdeaTopping trees is a widespread practice that appears to offer a short term solution to a perceived problem. In reality, it is detrimental to the health of the tree and creates problems in the long term.
- Visual Tree Assessment (VTA)There are a number of published methodologies the professional arboriculturist can follow when inspecting trees. The bottom line is that whichever process is used, it must be a logical, systematic and diagnostic approach.